Every day (well, every weekday), we’ll bring you a Hurricanes top five list at lunchtime. It’s something to look forward to.
Mondays: Answers to Top 5 Game Preview from Friday
Tuesdays: Top 5 in the ACC
Wednesdays: Unique Top 5 List
Thursdays: Unique Top 5 List
Fridays: Unique Top 5 List
5. Tyler Horn, C: Horn was named to the All-ACC second team and served as the leader along the line of scrimmage for the Canes this season.
4. Tommy Streeter, WR: Streeter was one of the Hurricanes’ breakthrough performers in 2011, leading the team with 46 receptions, 811 receiving yards, and eight touchdown receptions.
3. Lamar Miller, RB: Miller lived up to most of the hype this year, showing why many thought of him as the next great Miami back. He finished the year with 1,272 yards and nine rushing touchdowns on 227 carries. Miller was named to the All-ACC second team.
2. Jacory Harris, QB: Harris’ good year was marred by four interceptions in the final game against Boston College. It’s led many fans to completely forget that Harris was one of the most efficient passers in the country before the finale. He ends his senior season with 2,486 yards and 20 touchdowns on 195-of-300 passing. He threw nine interceptions, including the four against Boston College.
1. Sean Spence, LB: Spence led the defense with 106 tackles and 14 tackles for loss. He moved from strongside linebacker to middle linebacker midway through the season, maintaining his level of effectiveness at the second level for the Hurricanes. He was the Hurricanes’ sole All-ACC first teamer.