Saturday couldn’t come soon enough my fellow ‘Caniacs. Only three more days until Miami faces off against Boston College.
Revenge is going to be so sweet.
Lets take a look at what’s happening in the world of Miami football.
* Al Golden announced that RT Seantrel Henderson will not be traveling to the ‘Canes opener. Henderson is currently practicing on the scout team and Golden hopes that he will eventually find himself back on the practice squad. True freshman Ereck Flowers will start in place of Henderson.
* DT Curtis Porter will not travel to Boston College. At the start of camp Porter was practicing with the first team, however, after his recent appendectomy he is still recovering.
* QB Preston Dewey has been listed as the third-team quarterback. Dewey beat out fellow QB Gray Crow and will travel to Boston College.
* As mentioned yesterday during Golden’s press conference, LB Raphael Kirby had the cast removed from his leg. Golden hopes that Kirby will be back at least by mid-season.
* For the ‘Canes opener, Golden said fans can expect to see 14-15 true freshmen play on Saturday.
* Vegas has now listed the ‘Canes as a two-point favorite going into Boston College. This is likely due to all of the injuries that the Eagles have recently suffered.
* What is the deal with the media and FSU? Since when did having a good recruiting class the past couple of years automatically declare you a national title contender? If I recall, last year the ‘Noles didn’t finish much better than the U. In any event, for the second year in a row the media has predicted that FSU is the favorite to win the ACC – yawn…
* It is being reported by Inside The U that former University of Florida commit, OL Joshua Outlaw, has decommitted from the Gators. The ‘Canes are a school that he is seriously considering. Would be a nice pick-up if the ‘Canes were to land him.
* Miami four-star DT commit Keith Bryant has said that he will take an unofficial visit to South Carolina when the Gamecocks host Georgia. IMO Bryant is solid to the ‘Canes and is merely enjoying the recruiting process. Expect to see him at a number of Miami games this year.