The ‘Canes are coming off of a 38-10 win against Bethune-Cookman. Don’t let the win fool you, Miami still managed to suffer a loss or two of its own. Let’s have a look.
* MLB Denzel Perryman suffered an injury in the B-CU game that has leaves him doubtful for Georgia Tech. This comes as a huge blow to the ‘Canes thin defense. Perryman was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain “that will keep him out at least a week if not longer.” He has been spotted wearing a protective boot and is to be reevaluated later this week once the swelling goes down. Golden is unaware of when Perryman will return.
* In the absence of Denzel Perryman, LB Jimmy Gaines is likely to start in his place. During Monday’s practice, Gaines and fellow LB Gionni Paul took the majority of snaps.
* Freshman RB Duke Johnson has been named the ACC Rookie of the Week for the second time this season. Johnson is coming off of a four touchdown game vs. B-CU and he currently ranks second in the nation in all-purpose yards.
* Per Inside The U, current Miami RB commit Alex Collins has moved up in the national rankings. He has moved from 76th to the 38th best player in the country. The South Plantation star “…may be the most athletically gifted in the entire  class.” Let’s just hope that Golden and co. can keep him in Coral Gables.
* LS Sean McNally suffered a lower extremity injury during Miami’s game vs. B-CU. He is to undergo season-ending surgery later this week. According to Golden, McNally’s backup Paul Kelly “was huge [on] Saturday.”
* As expected, Sun Life Stadium was half-empty (or half-full?) during Saturday’s game vs. B-CU. According to officials, the crowd totaled 39,435 fans, though that may be a bit exaggerated. No big surprise here, right?
* WR Allen Hurns (concussion) was seen practicing on Monday. Definitely good news for the ‘Canes. It is still unclear as to whether or not Hurns will see action against Georgia Tech. Also, S Vaughn Telemaque (knee) saw limited action in Monday’s practice.
* LB Raphael Kirby was spotted jogging during Monday’s practice. Kirby suffered a knee injury and has been on crutches for the past few weeks. Said Golden, “He won’t be ready for Saturday, but we are getting closer…it’s hard right now to think about a redshirt” since Kirby enrolled early to learn the playbook.