With week 2 of the NFL officially behind us, here is a look at how the pro ‘Canes fared on Sunday.
* Before halftime in the Vikings vs. Colts game, rookie QB Andrew Luck connected with WR Reggie Wayne on a 30-yard touchdown strike. Wayne finished the game with 6 catches for 71 yards and one touchdown. Following the game, Wayne had this to say about his young QB: “The kid’s got poise. He’s got some winning in the blood.”
* Lamar Miller made his NFL debut for the Miami Dolphins. He had 10 carries for 65 yards and a 15-yard touchdown run to seal the victory for the ‘Phins.
* DT Vince Wilfork had a fumble recovery in the ‘Pats vs. Arizona game.
* LB Ray Lewis had some harsh words directed towards the officials following the Ravens loss to the Eagles. “There’s some serious calls the refs missed. It’s just the way it is, man, all around the league. We have to correct that. These games are critical. Guys are giving everything they’ve got all across the league. But these are calls, with the regular refs, if they were here, we know the way the calls would be made.”
* Saints TE Jimmy Graham scored on the opening drive when QB Drew Brees hit him on a 1-yard touchdown pass. Graham finished the game with 7 catches for 71 yards and one touchdown. Also, in the same game, Carolina LB Jon Beason intercepted Brees on the Saints final drive to secure the Panthers victory.
* Redskins WR Leonard Hankerson scored on a 68-yard pass from QB Robert Griffin III. Hankerson finished the game with 2 catches for 68 yards and one touchdown.
* Frank Gore continued to be the workhorse for the 49ers. Gore carried the ball 17 times for 89 yards and one touchdown.
* In Monday’s Denver vs. Atlanta game, the ‘Canes will be represented by former alums DJ Williams, Willis McGahee, Orlando Franklin, Matt Bosher and Micanor Regis.