Miami has released their latest injury report for Saturday’s game against Georgia Tech. It is as follows:
* LB Denzel Perryman – lower extremity
* DB Andrew Swasey – lower extremity
* LB Raphael Kirby – lower extremity
* DT Curtis Porter – upper extremity
OUT FOR SEASON:
* LB Ramon Buchanan – lower extremity
* Long Snapper Sean McNally – lower extremity
In other news:
* WR Allen Hurns and S Vaughn Telemaque did not appear on the latest injury report released by Miami – definitely good news for ‘Canes fans.
* RB/KR Duke Johnson is currently leading the nation in kickoff return yards. As it stands, he is averaging 33.9 yards per return – not too shabby. Now this could be viewed in two different ways: A) Duke Johnson is a stud at returning the ball and his stats are a mere reflection of his talent, or B) The ‘Canes are being scored on by the opposition all too frequently, thus, he returns the ball more than Miami would like…thoughts?
* Miami head coach Al Golden will once again reunite with Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Al Groh. When Groh was the head coach at Virginia, Golden spent 5 years under him as his defensive coordinator. “I owe so much to coach Groh,” said Golden. The Yellow Jackets defense is ranked 18th in the nation and has yet to allow a rushing touchdown or any other type of points scored in the second or third quarters this year.
* Going into Saturdays game, Georgia Tech will seek to end the ‘Canes three-game winning streak. The ‘Canes have outscored the Yellow Jackets 92-34 in the last three meetings. The highest point total Georgia Tech has put up in the three games is 17 points.
* Top Bet has the Hurricanes as 14 1/2 point underdogs, while Sports Interaction lists Georgia Tech as 13 1/2 point favorites. Take your pick.