Read on for a look at how the pro ‘Canes fared in week three of the NFL season.
* Cleveland Browns rookie WR Travis Benjamin scored a touchdown on a 22-yard strike from QB Brandon Weeden. Benjamin caught two passes for 44 yards and one touchdown. Not too shabby.
* During halftime of the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts game, former UM RB Edgerrin James became the fifth player inducted into the Colts’ Ring of Honor at halftime. Colts WR Reggie Wayne caught 8 passes for 88 yards.
* San Francisco RB Frank Gore only managed 63 yards on 12 carries vs. the Minnesota Vikings.
* Saints TE Jimmy Graham scored on a one-yard pass from QB Drew Brees.
* Redskins WR Santana Moss scored on a three-yard pass and fellow WR Leonard Hankerson had four receptions for 56 yards.
* Texans WR Andre Johnson hooked up with QB Matt Schaub on a 60-yard touchdown pass due to a blown coverage. Johnson finished the game with just 2 receptions for 72 yards and one touchdown. In the same game, Denver Broncos RB Willis McGahee was held to 36 rushing yards on 12 carries.
* Oakland TE Richard Gordon caught a one-yard touchdown pass from QB Carson Palmer.
* In Monday’s Green Bay vs. Seattle game, the ‘Canes will be represented by CB Sam Shields who is slowly coming back to form.