On Tuesday, Miami Hurricanes head coach Al Golden held his weekly press conference.
Here are some points that he touched upon:
- DT Olsen Pierre is doubtful for Saturday’s game against Notre Dame. If Pierre is unable to play, DT Corey King may see an increased role in the Miami defensive rotation. Pierre did not participate in Tuesday’s practice.
- In the event of Pierre’s absence, freshman DT Dequan Ivery will also be included in the defensive rotation. Ivery will be making his Miami debut against Notre Dame.
- With the return of MLB Denzel Perryman, Miami will add some much needed depth at the linebacker position. Golden said that freshman LB Raphael Kirby is “slowly but steadily making his way back into it.”
- In Tuesday’s practice, DE Shayon Green (knee) wore a limited jerysey (yellow), along with LB Jimmy Gaines (ankle), and LB Denzel Perryman (ankle). Golden is being cautious with his players with the obvious hope that they do not get injured any further. Shayon “has been limping at times…and Jimmy was sidelined Monday with a boot over his left ankle.”
- OL Seantrel Henderson seems to have the edge over freshman Ereck Flowers at starting RT. “If I had to tell you just by observing, I would tell you that Seantrel was better than Flowers today,” said Golden. Miami is thin at offensive tackle and they will be without Ben Jones (foot) and Jermaine Johnson (no longer with team).
- Sophomore WR Phillip Dorsett is one of 11 receivers that has been named to the Biletnikof Award Watch List. Dorsett leads Miami with 28 receptions for 464 yards with three touchdowns. Junior WR Allen Hurns was on the Biletnikof Award Preseason Watch List.
- Per weather.com, the forecast for Saturday’s game at Soldier Field is a high of 51 degrees and a low of 37 degrees. Golden is hopeful that his players will adapt to the chilly weather.