Week five of the NFL fared well for the pro ‘Canes. Let’s have a look at who stood out.
- Saints TE Jimmy Graham suffered a right ankle injury in Sunday’s game against the Chargers. Graham would return, but didn’t play an integral part in the Saints win.
- Colts WR Reggie Wayne had a monster game against the Packers. Wayne had 13 receptions for a career-high 212 yards and one touchdown. Wayne’s touchdown came on a 4-yard pass with just 35 seconds left in the game. The veteran WR has now caught a pass in 100 consecutive games and passed former college and pro teammate Edgerrin James for the No. 2 spot on the Colts career list for yards from scrimmage.
- ‘Skins WR Santana Moss had 2 catches for 80 yards against the Falcons, including a 77-yard touchdown pass from rookie QB Kirk Cousins.
- Carolina LB Jon Beason did not play in week five against the Seahawks. Beason suffered a knee injury that left him doubtful in Sunday’s game. Panthers TE Greg Olsen had two receptions for 37 yards.
- With the addition of WR Brandon Marshall to the Bears, WR Devin Hester seems to be overlooked. The former ‘Cane had 2 receptions for 49 yards in the Bears win against Jacksonville.
- Broncos RB Willis McGahee was held to 51 yards on 14 carries in Denver’s loss to New England. McGahee rushed for more than 100 yards in two of his previous three games.
- San Francisco RB Frank Gore led the team with 106 rushing yards on 14 carries and one touchdown.
- In Monday’s game, the Hurricanes will be represented by Andre Johnson (Houston), Chris Meyers (Houston), Brandon Harris (Houston), Daryl Sharpton (Houston), Rashad Butler (Houston, IR) and Dedrick Epps (New York, IR).