With week six of the NFL officially behind us, let’s have a look at how the pro ‘Canes fared.
- Packers DB Sam Shields intercepted Texans QB Matt Schaub with 14 minutes remaining in Sunday nights game.
- Texans WR Andre Johnson caught eight passes for 75 yards against the Packers. Johnson has now gone over 10,000 yards receiving in his career.
- Dolphins rookie DE Olivier Vernon recorded two sacks in the ‘Phins win against the Rams, including one on the final play before Rams K Greg Zueriein’s final kick.
- Colts WR Reggie Wayne led Indy’s receiving corps with 5 receptions or 87 yards.
- Ravens LB Ray Lewis will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the status of his injured tricep.
- Seahawks Hall of Fame DT Cortez Kennedy had his No. 96 retired during a halftime ceremony in Sunday’s game against the Patriots. Kennedy joins Steve Largent (No. 80), Walter Jones (No. 71) and Seattle’s 12th Man crowd (No. 12) as the only retired jerseys in team history.
- Giants CB Antrel Rolle intercepted 49ers QB Alex Smith twice in San Fran’s loss to New York. Niners RB Frank Gore was held to just 36 rushing yards on eight carries.
- Redskins WR Santana Moss spoke highly of rookie QB Robert Griffin III. “When Robert gets in top gear, it’s like watching a track meet and he ain’t coming in second.” Moss caught four passes for 46 yards in the ‘Skins win over Minnesota.
- In Monday nights game, Miami will be represented by RB Willis McGahee, T Orlando Franklin and LB D.J. Williams (suspended).