With the 2012-13 season scheduled for tip-off on Tuesday, Oct. 30, here is a list of the Miami alums that you can see during the NBA’s opening week.
The following is courtesy of Hurricanesports.com:
G/F James Jones (6-8, 215), Miami Heat
- 10th season in the NBA, 4th year with the Miami Heat
- 2011 Three-Point Shootout Winner during All-Star weekend
- Averaged 3.6 points per game in the 2011-12 season; 83.3% free-throw shooter; .404% from 3-point range
- Played in 51 games, started in 10 games
G/F John Salmons (6-6, 207), Sacramento Kings
- 11th season in the NBA, 2nd year with the Sacramento Kings
- Averaged 7.5 points per game in the 2011-12 season; 3.1 rebounds; 2.5 assists
- Played in 46 games
SG DeQuan Jones (6-8, 221), Orlando Magic
- Was signed to the Orlando Magic in June, 2012 as an undrafted free agent where he received a non-roster invitation to attend the Magic’s training camp.
- Added to Magic’s 15-man roster on Nov. 27
- In his Miami career, Jones played in 113 games; averaged 2.4 rebounds per game; totaled 45 blocks; 46 steals
Miami tips-off against the Boston Celtics on opening night, Oct. 30, at 8:00 PM ET. National coverage is provided by TNT.
Sacramento squares off against the Chicago Bulls, Wednesday, Oct. 31, at 5:00 PM ET. Local coverage is provided by CSN-CA.
Orlando will face the Denver Nuggets, Friday, Nov. 2, at 7:00 PM ET. Local coverage is provided by FS Florida.
If you are looking for a good read on DeQuan Jones’ journey to the NBA, here is a good read by Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.