With week nine of the NFL officially behind us, the pro ‘Canes are continuing to make their presence known.
- Cowboys TE Jason Witten became Dallas’s new leader in career receptions. Witten now has 754 receptions, breaking Michael Irvin’s [previous] record of 750.
- Broncos’ RB Willis McGahee continues to serve as Denver’s guy on the ground. The ‘Cane alum had 23 carries for 66 yards.
- Ravens’ S Ed Reed picked off Browns’ QB Brandon Weeden during Baltimore’s 25-15 win against the Cleveland Browns.
- Colts’ WR Reggie Wayne scored on a nine-yard pass from rookie QB Andrew Luck. Per ESPN, “Wayne’s TD moved him past former college and pro teammate Edgerrin James into third on the franchise’s career list with 76 TDs.”
- Redskins’ WR Santana Moss did not play against the Carolina Panthers’ due to a concussion. Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen had five receptions for 48 yards.
- Texans’ WR Andre Johnson continued his stellar season, hauling in eight receptions for 118 yards.
- On Monday night, the Hurricanes’ will be represented by TE Jimmy Graham (Saints’), LB Jonathan Vilma (Saints’) and G Harland Gunn (Saints’).