Canes Warning recently had the opportunity to speak with Cardinal Gibbons’ (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) WR George Rushing.
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 190 lbs.
- 40 time: 4.4 seconds
- Shuttle: 4.2 seconds
Offers, per 247Sports:
- Miami (OH.)
- Ole Miss
Canes Warning: Who were some of your favorite players growing up?
- George Rushing: Jerry Rice and Randy Moss were two players I’ve looked up to growing up.
CW: What NFL player would you compare yourself to?
- GR: I think I resemble [Atlanta Falcons WR] Julio Jones.
CW: From what school is the one offer that you want to receive the most?
- GR: I don’t want any offer specifically, I just want a school that wants me and I feel fits me the most.
CW: What do you like to do when you’re not playing football?
- GR: When I’m not playing football I like to find ways that I can get better as a football player and a person.
CW: Do you play any sports other than football?
- GR: I also run track, the 100, 200 and the high jump.
CW: Do you want to run track at a collegiate level?
- GR: Not really, [I like to run track] to stay in shape for football.
CW: Do you have any interest in Miami (Fla.)?
- GR: Yes I have some interest in Mimi now that coach [James] Coley is there. I like what he did at Florida State.
CW: Do you plan on attending any camps?
- GR: I plan on hitting tons of camps. I will be at the NUC 5-star camp and the Under Armour camp. I will also be at the Miami camp and Florida camp, the Ole Miss camp, Cincinnati camp and many others.
CW: Who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl?
- GR: I’m pulling for the Ravens.
Rushing is the son of former Florida Gator TE George Rushing who played under head coach Steve Spurrier from 1990-1992. From watching Rushing’s highlight tape, there is no doubt that this youngster will continue to gain offers from top BCS programs. Rushing is a big, aggressive receiver who is dangerous in open space. He possesses the physical attributes to be successful at the next level and provides a good burst of speed.