Canes Warning recently had the opportunity to chat with Colerain Cardinals’ (Cincinnati, OH.) TE/DT /DE George Brown Jr.
- Class: 2015
- Height: 6’6
- Weight: 243 lbs
- 40: 4.9 seconds
How many 6’6, 243-pound athletes do you see run a 4.9 40-yard dash? Sophomore George Brown Jr., who hails from Cincinnati powerhouse Colerain, is capable of playing on either side of the ball, whether it be rushing off of the edge or pass blocking. At just 16 years of age, Brown Jr. still has room to grow into his already massive frame.
Canes Warning: Who were some of your favorite players growing up?
- George Brown Jr: I would say growing up I watched Michael Vick the most.
CW: From what school do you most want an offer from; Do you have any interest in Miami (Fla.)?
- GBJ: Right now I’m not leaning towards any school more than another, but I do like [Miami] coach [Art] Kehoe. He’s been up to the school a few times to talk with me.
CW: Do you play any sports other than football?
- GBJ: Basketball
CW: Do you plan on attending any camps in the future?
- GBJ: I will be at the Miami camp on June 2nd.
CW: Would you rather play basketball or football in college?
- GBJ: It would be nice to play both, but I am more of a football guy.
CW: Are you an SEC kind of guy? Or are you more of an ACC, Big Ten, etc.?
- GBJ: It [really] depends on what school I like when it’s time to decide.
CW: Who are you pullin’ for in the Super Bowl, Ravens or 49ers?
- GBJ: I would have to say the 49ers even though I want Ray Lewis to get his last Super Bowl ring?
Keep an eye on George Brown Jr. Miami fans. We all know how valuable basketball players can be on the football field — i.e. Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates.
Expect Brown Jr. to begin reeling in offers from major BCS programs some time in the near future. The youngster has already began to receive interest from schools such as Cincinnati, Boston College, Auburn, Louisville, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and North Carolina, per High School Sports Center.