Canes Warning was fortunate enough to chat with 2014 Winton Woods’ (Cincinatti, OH.) S/WR Mike Edwards.
As his footage shows, Edwards is a physical ball hawk who tends to disrupt the field. He shows a good awareness and impresses with his cut-back ability. Aside from playing safety, Edwards can dazzle with his punt/kick returning and can be utilized as a slot receiver.
- Class: 2014
- Position: S/WR/PR
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 180 lbs
- 40: 4.49 seconds
Offers/Interests, per 247Sports
- Bowling Green, OH. (offered)
- Kent State, OH. (offered)
- Ohio State
Canes Warning: What do you like to do when you’re not playing football:
- Mike Edwards: When I’m not playing football, I like to hang out with my teammates, have fun.
CW: What are you looking for in a school?
- ME: Great academics, good coaching staff and an all around good school.
CW: Who do you most resemble on the football field?
- ME: I think I most resemble Tyrann Mathieu. I love the Honey Badger!
CW: What is the best part about recruiting?
- ME: The best part is probably meeting the coaches and seeing how much interest they have.
CW: What are your best attributes on the field? What are some things you could improve on?
- ME: I will say my speed and athletic ability and coming up and being physical. I can improve more on my speed.
CW: How long have you been playing football? What would you want to do if you weren’t playing football?
- ME: I have been playing since I was 7 [years old]. If I weren’t playing football I think I would just be a normal student, or be a basketball player.
In his junior season at Winton Woods, Edwards amassed an impressive five interceptions, 90+ tackles, two forced fumbles and a combined 600 punt/kick return yards with four touchdowns, per High School Sports Center.
Expect a big senior season from Edwards and judging by his footage, this youngster will likely begin to collect more of those touted D-1 offers.