Larry Scott, South Florida’s assistant coach/running backs coach, has been hired as the new tight ends’ coach at the University of Miami.
The hiring of Scott was first reported by Tim Reynolds, who tweeted the following:
Scott is heralded as tremendous recruiter and his connections in Florida, specifically around the Tampa area, are certainly advantageous to Al Golden and company.
Larry Scott’s Coaching Experience
- 2001: Wharton HS (OL/Run game coordinator)
- 2001-03: Freedom HS (OL/Offensive coordinator)
- 2004: Sebring HS (Co-offensive coordinator)
- 2005: USF (Director of high school relations)
- 2006: USF (Graduate assistant)
- 2007-08: USF (Tight ends)
- 2009: USF (OL)
- 2010-11: USF (Tight ends)
- 2012: USF (Running backs)
- 2013: USF (Offensive assistant)
The 35-year old Scott was a three-year (1997-99) letterman as an offensive tackle for the Bulls’ and a member of the first recruiting class that began practicing in 1996, per GoUSFBulls.
Scott excelled in sports, most notably in high school, earning letters in football, baseball and wrestling.
For more on Scott, click here