Today marks the 30th birthday of the late, great Sean Taylor. Although Taylor is no longer with us, his legacy will never be forgotten.
I often wonder how good Taylor could have been. Arguably one of the hardest hitting safeties the sport has ever seen, I can’t think of another safety that I have seen play the game like Taylor did. If you were an opposing receiver, you made sure that you knew where Taylor was at all times.
Taylor coupled speed with size, power with athleticism. His style is often imitated, but rarely duplicated. It makes me happy to know that today’s younger players still pay homage to No. 26 – Miami Hurricane or not. Taylor left a lasting impression on all of us fans, both on the NFL stage, as well as on a collegiate level, and may he forever rest in peace. I am truly grateful that I was able to see Taylor play the game that we all love.
Tweets paying tribute to Taylor:
- Current Miami Hurricane, Darris Hughes
- Current Miami Hurricane, Sean O’Dare
- Current Miami Hurricane, Deon Bush
- Former UM teammate, Bryant McKinnie
- Current Florida Gator, Vernon Hargreaves
- Current Miami Hurricane, Ladarius Gunter
- Former UM teammate, Clinton Portis