On Thursday, seven Miami Hurricanes were inducted into the University of Miami’s Sports Hall of Fame.
Class of 2013, per UM Sports HOF
- Ed Contreras (baseball, 1957-59)
- Ken Dorsey (football, 1999-2002)
- Bryan Gillooly (diving, 1994-98)
- Norm Parsons (administration/coaching, 1972-2012)
- Brett Romberg (football, 1999-2002)
- Don Soldinger (coach, 1984-88, 1995-2006)
- Jay Tessmer (baseball, 1994-95)
The UM Sports Hall of Fame recognizes student athletes, coaches and administration who have contributed the most to Hurricane Athletics over the years. According to the HOF’s official website, once inducted into the UM HOF, the names and achievements of those men and women who have brought National and International acclaim to their University through athletics, as well as bringing further credit to their school and their communities, well forever have their names placed on record.
To view the entire 2013 inductee list, click here.