Miami Hurricanes’ offensive lineman Brandon Linder was named Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week after his performance in Miami’s 34-6 drubbing of FAU.
In an excerpt from theACC.com:
Linder, a preseason All-ACC selection, anchored Miami’s offensive line that paved the way for 303 yards rushing – 8.0 yards per carry – and three rushing TDs in the Hurricanes’ 34-6 win over Florida Atlantic. Liner led an offensive line that produced 503 yards of total offense, the Hurricanes’ third consecutive game with 500-plus yards of total offense dating back to the 2012 season. Linder graded out at 94 percent with five cut blocks, three pancakes and no sacks allowed.
Linder started in all 12 games for the Hurricanes last season and earned an All-ACC, honorable mention (ASCMA, coaches). The 6-6, 319-pound guard was also voted 2012 All-ACC third team by Phil Steele.
ACC Football Players of the Week, Sept. 3
- Offensive Back – Tajh Boyd, Clemson
- Co-Offensive Lineman – Ryan Norton, Clemson
- Co-Offensive Lineman – Brandon Linder, Miami
- Receiver – Sammy Watkins, Clemson
- Defensive Lineman – Robert Welsh, Syracuse
- Linebacker – Spencer Shuey, Clemson
- Defensive Back – Anthony Harris, Virginia
- Specialist – Jamison Crowder, Duke
- Rookie – Jameis Winston, Florida State