Each week the ACC announces the football players of the week. Miami Hurricanes’ freshman WR Stacy Coley has been named this week’s Co-Rookie of the Week.
Against South Florida, Coley caught four balls for 96 yards and two touchdowns. The speedy freshman is beginning to make a name for himself and is challenging for a starting spot on Miami’s depth chart.
For the season, Coley has amassed 131 receiving yards and three touchdowns.
From the ACC.com:
Coley hauled in career highs for receptions (4), receiving yards (96) and receiving touchdowns (2) in Miami’s 49-21 road win at USF. Coley led the Hurricanes with 96 receiving yards, hauling in touchdowns of 34 and 11 yards. Coley ranks fourth on the team with 131 receiving yards and leads the team with three touchdown receptions. It marked the second straight game that Coley had multiple touchdowns, as he had one receiving touchdown and one kick return for a touchdown versus Savannah State on Sept. 23.
ACC Players of the Week, Spet. 30:
- Offensive Back – Jameis Winston, Florida State
- Offensive Lineman – Andrew Miller, Virginia Tech
- Receiver – Jamison Crowder, Duke
- Defensive Lineman – Derrick Hopkins, Virginia Tech
- Linebacker – Telvin Smith, Florida State
- Defensive Back – Jeremy Cash, Duke
- Specialist – Rashard Smith, NC State
- Co-Rookie – Stacy Coley, Miami
- Co-Rookie – Brandon Facyson, Virginia Tech