Following their 27-23 win over North Carolina, Miami DB Ladarius Gunter was named this week’s ACC Specialist of the week.
The Seminoles dominated the ACC weekly honors and swept all three offensive awards. Noles’ QB Jameis Winston was named the Week 8 Offensive Player/ACC Freshman of the week, while teammates Lamarcus Joyner earned ACC Defensive Back of the Week honors, Cameron Erving was named ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week and Rashad Greene received ACC Receiver of the Week honors.
SPECIALIST – Ladarius Gunter, Miami, Jr., DB, 6-2, 196, Montgomery, Ala.
Gunter found the end zone for the second consecutive game in Miami’s 27-23 win at North Carolina last Thursday night. Gunter snagged an Artie Burns blocked field goal and returned it 67 yards for a touchdown. Gunter was the first Hurricane to return a blocked field goal for a touchdown since Devin Hester against Florida in the 2004 Chick-fil-A Bowl. Gunter, who also has an interception return for a touchdown in Miami’s win at Georgia Tech on Oct. 5, finished the North Carolina game with six solo tackles as well.
Week 8 ACC Players of the Week:
- Offensive Back/Rookie – Jameis Winston (Florida State)
- Offensive Lineman – Cameron Erving (Florida State)
- Receiver – Rashad Greene (Florida State)
- Defensive Lineman – Nikita Whitlock (Wake Forest)
- Co-Linebacker – Telvin Smith (Florida State)
- Co-Linebacker – Quayshawn Nealy (Georgia Tech)
- Defensive Back – Lamarcus Joyner (Florida State)
- Specialist – Ladarius Gunter (Miami)