Following his performance in Miami’s 45-26 win over Virginia, sophomore CB Tracy Howard was named this week’s ACC Co-Defensive Back of the Week.
Howard recorded one tackle against Virginia, however, it was his interception on the first play of the game that received all of the attention. Howard picked off Virginia QB David Watford as he attempted a screen pass, returning it 19 yards for a touchdown.
Despite recording only one tackle in Miami’s 45-26 win over Virginia, Howard made the biggest play of the game – on the game’s first snap. Howard picked off a Virginia pass on a bubble screen and returned it 19 yards for a touchdown. It was Howard’s team-leading fourth interception of the season and the first of three Miami’s defensive unit registered against the Cavaliers on Saturday.
On the season, Howard has totaled four interceptions, 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass break up and one forced fumble.
Week 13 ACC Players of the Week
- Offensive Back – Andre Williams, Boston College
- Offensive Lineman – Matt Patchan, Boston College
- Receiver – Jamison Crowder, Duke
- Defensive Lineman – Aaron Donald, Pitt
- Linebacker – Cam Lynch – Syracuse
- Co-Defensive Back – Durell Eskridge, Syracuse
- Co-Defensive Back – Tracy Howard, Miami
- Specialist – Nate Freese, Boston College
- Rookie – T.J. Logan, North Carolina