Five-Star Class of 2020 running back Kendall Milton has named the Miami Football program as one of 10 finalists where he will play in college. Milton is the 10th best player overall, the second-best running back and third best player in California for 2020.
Milton is obviously one of the most sought-after players in the Class of 2020. Teaming him in the backfield with what the Miami football program has now would be lethal for opposing defenses. It would not be unprecedented for Head Coach Mark Richt to have two or more exceptional running backs in his program at the same time.
Richt recruited Nick Chubb and Sony Michel to Georgia in the Class of 2014 when he was the Head Coach of the Bulldogs. Chubb and Michel both ran for over 1,200 yards last season as Georgia finished the season as the National Runner-up.
Adding Milton to a backfield that could include DeeJay Dallas, Freshmen Lorenzo Lingard and Camron Davis would give Miami one of the best backfields in the country. Lingard is a five-star signee and Davis a four-star signee in the Class of 2018.
As expected, the list includes mostly elite Power Five Conference schools. Florida State is the only other ACC school that is listed. The Seminoles only have one player on this year’s roster from California. The Miami football program has had success recruiting players from California that dates back to the 1980s.
TOP 10 pic.twitter.com/xAhBVT19IX
— Kendall Milton (@therealkmilt) July 9, 2018
While Milton gave a list of ten finalists he said his recruitment will remain 100 percent open. He didn’t specify what that means. Milton is listed as an 83 percent chance to go to USC. Alabama is a distant second behind the Trojans. The Crimson Tide has a 17 percent chance to land the star via 247Sports crystal ball.
The Miami football Surge ’19 Class currently has one commit at running back. Three-star back Marcus Crowley from Jacksonville, Florida is ranked as the 554th best player, 36th best running back and 74th best player in Florida in the Class of 2019.
Four-star running back Kenny McIntosh, the brother of former Miami defensive tackle R.J. is expected to commit to Miami per 247. They list him as 100 percent to the Hurricanes. McIntosh is the 172nd ranked player, the eighth best running back and 25th best player in Florida in the Class of 2019.
Miami is also recruiting the brother of Junior wide receiver Ahmmon Richards. Mark-Antony Richards is viewed as an Athlete is the Class of 2019. He is also projected as a sure thing to commit to Miami. Richards is ranked as the 83rd best player overall, the fifth best player in Florida and 13th best player overall. He is also a four-star recruit.
Richt has done an exceptional job with his first three recruiting classes despite what critics and skeptics have said. The Hurricanes have brought in the 22nd, 15th and eighth best classes in the last three years.
The 2020 Class is currently ranked 16th nationally. The rankings that is still nearly 18 months away from signing is meaningless.