Manny Diaz is once again having just a simply phenomenal off-season. The Miami football program is putting together a phenomenal coaching staff that complements what can only be described as an exceptional recruiting class.
Once again Manny keeps taking advantage of experienced transfers and it always seems as though the off-season provides exceptional amounts of entertainment to the fan base. Anyone who’s been around Miami a long time knows this is a very fickle fan base.
Miami fans are exceptionally good at complaining and are rather stingy on the compliments. Well, let me start the ball rolling. Manny Diaz is doing a phenomenal job. What else can you say? Diaz is tackling each and every problem and systematically address it.
- When the Miami football team needed a kicker Diaz found superstar Jose Borregales
- When Miami needed a punter Diaz found Lou Hedley who is worthy of Dwayne Johnson’s number 94 jersey.
- When Miami needed some replacements on defense Diaz found some soon to be NFL players.
- There were a lot of complaints regarding the coaching staff so Manny went out and addressed them.
- Diaz hired Coach Bob Shoop from Michigan as a defensive analyst.
- Diaz hired Travis Williams from Auburn to coach the linebackers
- Diaz Travaris Robinson to Coach Defensive backs.
It’s hard to fault Manny for not making changes. Kudos to athletic director Blake James for stepping up to secure the best possible coaching staff. For fans who were complaining about the Miami defense and admittedly after that embarrassment in the final home game, rightfully so, it would appear as if Miami is back on track.
It’s been a very long time since it appeared if the Hurricanes really wanted to win but this Miami football program is being built for the sole purpose of winning games and this is something we should all be looking very forward to seeing. I couldn’t be more excited right now about Miami football and it’s prospects.