Miami football standing after Jaleel Skinner Tweet “Commitment right around the corner”

Greer Byrnes Football
Greer Byrnes Football /

The Miami football program could find out soon if they will gain a commitment from four-star IMG Academy tight end Jaleel Skinner. Skinner Tweeted on Tuesday morning “Commitment right around the corner with emoji eyeballs and a smile. Miami was one of five finalists that Skinner named last month.

In addition to the Miami football program, Skinner named Alabama, Clemson, Florida State and Texas as finalists. Skinner is projected as an 85 percent chance to sign with the Seminoles and 15 percent to the Tigers per 247 Sports. Rivals.Com projects Skinner as a 71 percent chance to Florida State.

Per his 247 profile, Skinner took official visits with Florida, Alabama, Texas and Miami in June. Florida State will received a planned September visit from Skinner according to 247. Skinner is the 73rd ranked player, top ranked TE and 10th in Florida in the Class of 2022. Prior to IMG, Skinner played for Greer High School in South Carolina.

Skinner is a versatile player who can play wide receiver and TE on offense and has played cornerback on defense. The versatile athlete also played basketball and ran track for Greer. At IMG it would be anticipated that Skinner will concentrate solely on football. Four current Miami players graduated from IMG.

As a hybrid TE/WR, Skinner would fit perfectly into the Miami offense. The Hurricanes are expected to lose TE Will Mallory adfter the 2021 season. Elijah Arroyo was a 2021 signee expected to contribute this season behind Mallory and move up to first-team TE for the 2022 season.

Miami has offered scholarships to three TEs for the 2022 Class. Three of those 2022 TEs including Skinner remain uncommited. There has been some speculation from college football analysts that the Hurricanes might not sign a TE for 2022 with Arroyo on the roster and enough depth behind him.

Miami tough battle as finalist for 4-star TE Jaleel Skinner. dark. Next

Khalil Brantley signed with Miami in the Class of 2021, Dominick Mammerelli was a 2020 signee and Larry Hodges is entering his three season with the Hurricanes. Miami offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee who is entering his second season with the Hurricanes has shown TEs are utilized well in his offense.