Miami football versus North Carolina State game and weather information

Sep 30, 2021; Miami Gardens, Florida, USA; Mandatory Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports
Sep 30, 2021; Miami Gardens, Florida, USA; Mandatory Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports /

The Miami football team hosts number 18 North Carolina State on Saturday. Miami enters the primetime kickoff 2-4 with North Carolina State 5-1. The Hurricanes have lost their last two with the Wolfpack entering the game with a four-game winning streak. Miami (FL) leads the all-time series against North Carolina State 10-5-1.

The Hurricanes have won the last three games against the Wolfpack. That includes the last two meetings in Raleigh. Miami is 6-4-1 all-time against North Carolina State at home. The Hurricanes are 1-1 against the Wolfpack at Hard Rock Stadium. The Miami football team has not lost to North Carolina State since 2008.

Miami has won four of the six games against North Carolina State since they joined the ACC. As non-crossover rivals with Miami in the Coastal Division and North Carolina State in the Atlantic, the teams do not play often. Miami and North Carolina State are playing for a second straight year after the 2020 COVID schedule.

Miami head coach Manny Diaz was on the North Carolina State coaching staff from 2000-2005. Diaz was a graduate assistant in 2000 and 2001, the linebackers coach in 2002 and 2003 and safeties and special teams coach in 2004 and 2005. Dave Doeren has been the North Carolina State head coach since 2013.

"Miami Football Game informationSaturday, Oct. 23, 2021, 7:30 p.m. ET | ESPN 2Miami Gardens, Fla., Hard Rock Stadium (50,500)#18/#18 NORTH CAROLINA STATE WOLFPACK (5-1, 2-0 ACC)HEAD COACH: Dave Doeren (Drake, 1994) | CAREER: 60-47 (11th season) | AT NC STATE: 60-47 (ninth season)MIAMI HURRICANES (2-4, 0-2 ACC)HEAD COACH: Manny Diaz (Florida State, 1995) | CAREER: 16-14 (third season) | AT MIAMI: 16-14 (third)Courtesy MiamiHurricanes.Com"

The Hurricanes won 44-41 in Raleigh last season. Both teams are vastly different. Miami is without QB D’Eriq King who threw for 430 yards and five touchdowns and ran for 105 yards. King is out for the season. North Carolina State has a vastly improved defense than they did during the 2020 season.


The weather forecast at kickoff time is 79 degrees and cloudy with a 22 percent chance of rain. The wind is forecast to be out of the east-northeast at nine miles per hour. Humidity is forecasted at 78 percent. The primetime kickoff is fortunate with rain forecasted throughout the afternoon in Miami Gardens.

Courtesy of Weather.Com

Miami is looking for its first ACC win of the season and to break a six-game losing streak against Power Five opponents. North Carolina State enters Saturday’s game on track with a chance to win its first ACC Atlantic Division title. Wake Forest is 6-0 overall and 4-0 in the ACC. The Wolfpack has not won an ACC title since 1979.

Blake James discusses football program evaluation. dark. Next

North Carolina State is playing at Miami for the first time since 2012. The Miami game last week at North Carolina was the Hurricanes’ first on the road this season. Miami plays at Pittsburgh next week, November 13 at Florida State and finishes the regular season on November 27 at Duke.