The Miami football team is a 3.5-point favorite over North Carolina on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium per Fan Duel. The line has come down after Miami opened favored by as many as 5.5 points versus North Carolina. The Tar Heels travel to Hard Rock Stadium with wins in its last three versus the Hurricanes.
North Carolina is coming off of a 41-10 win over Virginia Tech as a 9.5-point favorite over Virginia Tech last week. The Tar Heels are 2-3 versus the spread this season. North Carolina defeated Appalachian State 63-61 as a three-point underdog. Miami is 1-3 versus the point spread in 2022.
The Hurricanes defeated Bethune-Cookman 70-13 as a 57-point favorite in week one. North Carolina failed to cover as a favorite versus Florida A&M and Georgia State and as an underdog against Notre Dame. Miami has failed to cover as a favorite versus Southern Mississippi and Middle Tennessee State.
Texas A&M covered the 6.5-point spread in a 17-9 win over the Miami football team in week two. The over/under of 65.6 is the highest for any Miami or North Carolina game this season. The over has come in for three of the five 2022 North Carolina games and two of four Miami contests.
North Carolina at Miami football Odds Week six
Moneyline: North Carolina: (+146) | MIAMI: (-178)
Spread: North Carolina: +3.5 | MIAMI: -3.5
Total: 62.5 — Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Miami Betting Trends
- Miami-FL is 4-10 ATS in its last 14 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami-FL’s last 6 games at home
North Carolina betting trends
- North Carolina is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina’s last 7 games
- North Carolina is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- North Carolina is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of North Carolina’s last 11 games on the road
Miami versus North Carolina betting trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami-FL’s last 5 games when playing North Carolina
- Miami-FL is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against North Carolina
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami-FL’s last 6 games when playing at home against North Carolina
- North Carolina is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Miami-FL
- North Carolina is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami-FL
North Carolina at Miami football versus Prediction Week 6
The Miami football team will need to improve drastically to defeat North Carolina. Miami allowed four plays of at least 69 yards in the loss to Middle Tennessee State. North Carolina has one of the best offenses in the country and the ability to consistently make big plays. The over/under is an extremely high play.
Only two of the four Miami games this season have exceeded 62.5 points. The first four North Carolina games this season exceeded 62.5 points with three of those going significantly over. The flip side of North Carolina having an elite offense is their defense is one of the lowest ranked nationally.
North Carolina was able to shut down Virginia Tech last week. Miami should be able to score more than Virginia Tech, but injuries will play a factor. The Hurricanes could be without their top two running backs, two wide receivers and second-team TE. Offensive coordinator Josh Gattis will need a creative game plan.