Miami basketball standing with Matthew Cleveland Sunday announcement

Florida State Seminoles guard Matthew Cleveland (35) looks for a teammate ready for a pass. The Florida State Seminoles hosted the Miami (Fl) Hurricanes at the Tucker Civic Center on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023.Fsu V Miami Men081
Florida State Seminoles guard Matthew Cleveland (35) looks for a teammate ready for a pass. The Florida State Seminoles hosted the Miami (Fl) Hurricanes at the Tucker Civic Center on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023.Fsu V Miami Men081 /
facebooktwitterreddit

Florida State transfer forward Matthew Cleveland tweeted Friday he is announcing Sunday between Auburn, Miami and Missouri. Cleveland previously announced the Miami basketball program and the pair of Tigers as the final programs for his next destination. Auburn is considered a slight favorite over Missouri per On3.

On3 lists Auburn with a 38.1 percent chance for a commitment from Cleveland and Missouri at 33.3 percent. That would presumably give the Miami basketball program a 28.6 percent chance for a commitment from Cleveland. On3 only lists the odds on commitments to Auburn or Missouri from Cleveland.

Cleveland averaged 13.8 points per game, 7.4 rebounds and shot 44.5 percent from the floor for Florida State during the 2022-23 season. In two seasons at Florida State Cleveland averaged 12.7 PPG, 6.0 RPG and shot 44.8 percent from the floor. Cleveland was the 25th prospect and seventh small forward in the 2021 class.

Auburn has had success with Atlanta-based players where Cleveland played in high school for Pace Academy in Alpharetta. Cleveland was an AAU teammate of former Auburn star Jabari Smith who was the third pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. Miami ended the one-season era of Smith at Auburn in the 2022 NCAA Tournament.

https://twitter.com/MCleveland35/status/1654554195683319816?s=20

Miami has not added a transfer for 2023-24. Jim Larranaga has had great success with transfers at Miami. Jordan Miller, Norchad Omier and Nijel Pack all started for Miami during the 2023 Final Four run after beginning their collegiate careers elsewhere. Omier and Pack entered the NBA Draft with the possibility of returning.

Miller has exhausted his eligibility. Cleveland would essentially replace Miller for Miami. The Miami basketball program is very much in flux until Omier and Pack make their decisions. June 1 is the deadline to withdraw from the draft. Neither Omier nor Pack are projected to be selected in the 2023 NBA Draft.

Next. Miami signee Michael Nwoko top 15 biggest 2023 risers. dark

A commitment from Cleveland added to returning starter Wooga Poplar and potentially Omier and Pack would provide the Miami basketball team with an excellent foundation for next season. Miami is the only program nationally that has advanced to the NCAA Tournament in each of the last two seasons.